Desktop Wallpaper // December

December 02, 2016


(1920 x 1280)


Surprised about my choice for the December wallpaper?

Let me explain briefly: at first I was looking for a winterly, or even better, a Christmassy picture, which is obvious for December... but while I was browsing through my archives, I came across pictures of this sunrise. It was taken two years ago in France, Côte d'Azur, and it really was one of the most beautiful sunrises I had ever seen. Even two years later, the memory is still enchanting. I already had chosen another picture of it, a very similar one, to be the wallpaper in July. So I abandoned the idea quickly.

But it is the last wallpaper and also the last month of 2016.  And to be honest: this year was horrid in so many ways... I came back to this picture and decided that it should be this one for December 2016 - a sunrise. As a sign of hope and optimism. For me - and hopefully for you, too.

So I hope you like it and I wish you a wonderful December, a very merry Christmas and a very happy new year!

♥ ♥ ♥
You can download this picture here: click or on my Flickr: click

6 comments:

  1. as always - thank you so much <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. The warm glow and the soft hues make me feel joy - I absolutely love the colors in this one.

    Happy December to you, I hope it is merry and bright

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Nancy, for choosing something hopeful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this year wasn't very good for many people. A winterly, cold picture with lots of white (I always remember Hemran Melville's writing about how white was the most depressive color in the world) wouldn't be very suitable if you're trying to cheer up and renovate your space.

    This is a wonderful photo! It's cozy and hot and friendly. A true invite for a new year! (:

    ReplyDelete